Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 6 #15

To a Temporary Place in Time...I liked this article best and the last part best of all. Library 2.0 seems to focus narrowly on research and information to the exclusion of the best part of the library. Library 4.0 actually implied that there is a place for books and dare I suggest this....Readers?! I'll do the part for the people who actually like to read (and there are still many and will be until I retire) and let the techies run the rest. I know many people to whom the library is more than just a collection of bits of information, and it is not information that they are necessarily seeking. As Louis IV said "Apres moi, c'est deluge" I'm sure if you spend an hour or so Googling it and wading through many pages of irrelevent websites, you can find the translation.

No comments: